Saturday, February 28, 2009

God's Promises - Helping Hand

For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. -- Isaiah 41:13


Wow! I can use a hand most any day!


Going it alone is not a good plan and trying to be " be the best you can be" is a shallow echo when I really put myself in front of God and his greatness.

I need a hand.

The people I need and depend on each day is immense.

I need a hand.

People at work, home, and church.


Most importantly, the deep relationship I need with the closest person in my life.


I need a hand.


Life crashes in and I wish I could be child again and have someone to take care of me and protect me.

I need a hand.

Into my confused and chaotic world, God's promise comes to me in a new way once again. Like a loving parent with a frightened child, God reaches out and takes hold of my hand and comforts me with his precious words:

"Don't be afraid. I'm here with you. I will help."

I need a hand.

Even when he seems distant, the echo of this thought can remind me that I am never alone or forgotten. (cf. Heb. 13:5-6)

I need a hand.

Father, whose presence and help are always near, please help me have faith that you are here. I confess that at certain points in my life, you have seemed distant and I have felt alone. Please touch me through your Spirit of your nearness and your care. In my moments of struggle and doubt, please make your presence known today as your hand reaches out with tender care on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

I need a hand.

No comments: