Monday, February 16, 2009

The COBELLO 500

Hebrews 12:1 (New International Version)

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

Living in the Northeast is a long process during the winter. About this time of the winter, I am looking for signs that it may actually get warm some time for the future. Maybe I am weird.. OK don't answer that! One of the events I always look forward to is the Daytona 500 in Florida. First of all I am not a race fan but I look at this as a time where the warm weather is not too far away.

"with not too way a relative term!"

I am interested in the race of life and looking at the highlights from the Daytona 500 yesterday, it became evident to me that my life has been alot like the Daytona 500.


The race starts with a large pack of cars that are really excited and the racers all ready to go.

It doesn't take long for some of the cars to have mechanical failures

It doesn't take long for cars to spin out...some make it back in...some are out of the race

It doesn't take long for a wreck to happened because someone is careless or a car has a mechanical failure

It doesn't take long for a car for a car to get caught behind someone and they just can't get ahead.


Wow! The story of my life!

Spinouts!

Wrecks!

Mechanical Failures !

Getting Stuck!


But there is somone who wins the race.

The person who is patient and takes care of all the things in life is the one who eventually wins the race.

This person can be me!

Paul talks about getting stuck and getting rid of all those things that hinder me to complete the race.

He talks about throwing all those things off that entangle me to look ahead to finish the race.

He talks about running the race that is specifically marked out for me.


I can win the race since God has already marked out the path and the way to victory needs to go through Him.

Lord, this day I know the race of life is filled with wrecks, spinouts and mechanical failures.

I also know you have the race already marked out for me and victory is waiting.

Keep me focused as the race continues and runs right though the Adventure of Middle Grove today.

No comments: