Thursday, February 19, 2009

God's Promises




( Late today. We got about 10 inches of wet snow and when I woke up at 3:30, I had no internet!)


Romans 8:25 (New International Version)



But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.



I was looking back over the 200 posts in this series about the Adventure in Middle Grove and noticed I talk a great deal about God's promises. I thought I needed to spend some time looking at some specific promises of God for me in this life and how I am to carry them in an active way.


God has many promises for me and I need to daily look at how I am to live this out.
I guess the place to start is where I have the most trouble! I have mentioned before I am not areal patient person. I have improved greatly and have learned to lean on the Lord as I wait patiently for what he has in store for me.


I have learned that going ahead of God is not a good plan and I need to have God leading the way and be patient for his direction.
So, This first promise is the underlying fabric for how I need to examine myself as I look at the other promises God has revealed in scripture.


Lord as I look to you and your promises give me an extra measure of patience as God's promises are examined for action as the path maintains on the Adventure in Middle Grove

No comments: