Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Standing Ovation

[Jesus said] "And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."
-- Mark 11:25



As God shows me his path to righteousness and lights my way, this is one of the most challenging reminders of God's will in Scripture. The path may be illuminated by the light of God but my sin certainly darkens the picture. I need to continually keep my gaze on Christ and seek his will on the path.

I must forgive others!


When I refuse, it cuts me off the stream of forgiveness that God so longs to give to me. While forgiving others is never easy, God has not only commanded me to do it; he has also given me his Son as an example of forgiveness. In addition, he has promised to empower me to be able to do his will by the power of the Holy Spirit. The real issue: Will I let go of my hurt toward those who have wounded me and truly forgive them? If I can't do that, then what is the point of all this.


Dear God, I want to forgive those people who committed sin against me. Please block cynicism and bitterness from my heart. Please empower me to forgive as Jesus did. In addition, dear Father, please teach me what my commitment to forgive actually means in terms of the life changes I need to make.

Continue to make your path clear as the changes of life are taking place. I see and feel your power, Lord, and continue to work in me as the path on the Adventure in Middle Grove got a little lighter today.

No comments: