Monday, February 2, 2009

Daily Planning

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails. -- Proverbs 19:21



We have many plans as we live our lives and our hearts determine if the plans are worthwhile or not, but it is God who determines the purpose of those plans. I know in the past the plans I have made have been thought out very well with the timing, resources, and dates... But was I leaving God out with his purpose, and not mine. Planning is not a bad thing.

What is bad is carrying out our purposes and not God's. Timing is everything and many times it means waiting on the Lord for the right opportunity to carry out a plan or to have him work through a situation. Patience and hope are truly virtues continuing to develop in me but I know God has a plan to fulfill his purpose in me and in my relationships present and future.



Lord, this day, let your plan prevail as doubt and uncertainty can infiltrate my mind. Let your spirit of purpose fill the void of my soul as the week begins on the Adventure of Middle Grove.

No comments: