Sunday, February 22, 2009

God's Promises- The Bill of Rights

"As many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name."
John 1:12


Talk about a promise!



God, who is a God of Grace and Mercy, is also a God of compassion or I would not be reading this verse.


Why should God give me, a sinner, the right to be a child of God


Why should God give me, a fallen person, the right to be a child of God


Why should God give me, an unlovable person, the right to be a child of God


Only one reason...


Because he loves me and cares for me, as an individual.

I need to continually go before him and ask forgiveness.


He meets me face to face and forgives me , not because of who I am or what I do.

Only for one reason...

I am a child of God

Today,
as I worship you, your child of God sits as a person forgiven and loved as you are here as the Adventure in Middle Grove takes a deep breath of love.




No comments: