Friday, February 27, 2009

God's Promises - Rescue Mission


"For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."
Colossians 1:14





What better to promise to look at after an earthquake than a rescue mission.

The "religious"word used in most translations is redemption. The Message uses, "to get us out of a dark alley"

I like the domain of darkness since it encompasses all around me not just in front of me, but surrounding me. In the computer world, domains are all the things contained in an environment to take to control and operate all processes and activities.

So, being rescued from the domain of darkness is a big deal.

Just think of everything dark:

front,

center,

left,

right,

up,

down.

God moves me from dark to light and transfers me to the kingdom of his son.

I like this image too. When I have been transferred to a new department, as soon as I am in that department, I have all the privileges of a person in the department. I also have all the responsibilities as a member in the new department.

In the same way, God moved me from the domain of darkness to the Kingdom of light. I now have all the privileges of the heavenly kingdom where Christ is the king.

I also have the responsibilities as a remember of the kingdom to live like a member of light, not dark.

God wants me to be obedient as a member of this community and has paid a big price for my redemption. The death of his son, Jesus. He loves me so much that he no longer wants me to be in the domain of darkness and provides Jesus as the intermediary between me and Him.

He allows me to go before him since Jesus already paid the price for MY sin and MY judgment. He frees me from the bondage of sin and darkness and leads me in to the light of a kingdom that will never fade or disappear. He leads me to a place where I can be face to face with God and ask him to forgive me for my sins.

Why did he rescue me?

Because he loves me and cares for me and reached down in to the darkest of dark and rescued me from an eternal life of fear and brought me to his kingdom of love in the light only illuminated by Him.

The responsibility is not scary because of the love of God and the connection he provided to Jesus, for me.

Lord, today as the darkness of night still holds a grip on the snow covered fields, let your light shine on me as the Adventure in Middle Grove is rescued by your loving hands .

Let your light shine!

No comments: