Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Day of Rest...

Matthew 11:28 (New International Version)

28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

I had some trouble waking up today. I really wasn't feeling good and Maggie, the devil cat, got me up at 3:00 am for not apparent reason other than to annoy me and wake me up?

So I am a bit tardy today but I needed a song for the Adventure today and God provided the right song to add as we worshiped at church.

Lord Have Mercy

Jesus, I've forgotten the words that You have spoken

Promises that burned within my heart have now grown dim

With a doubting heart I follow the paths of earthly wisdom

Forgive me for my unbelief

Renew the fire again



CHORUS(2x):

Lord have mercy

Christ have mercy

Lord have mercy on me



I have built an altar where I worship things of man

I have taken journeys that have drawn me far from You

Now I am returning to Your mercies ever flowing

Pardon my transgressions

Help me love You again



CHORUS



I have longed to know You & Your tender mercies

Like a river of forgiveness ever flowing without end

I bow my heart before You in the goodness of Your presence

Your grace forever shining

Like a beacon in the night



Lord, have mercy on me today and for my friends who are struggling in life
and relationships. Help them too feel your mercy and love as I know you are the
only source of grace and forgiveness.

Today,Lord..

I bow my heart before You in the goodness of Your presence and Your grace
forever shining like a beacon in the night as you light up the path on
the Adventure in Middle Grove.


No comments: