Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Finally Home

John 14:2 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.


For the past few months I have been surrounded by great Godly friends who have freed my mind to concentrate on God and his Spirit. One of the things I have mediated on many times is what is it going to be like when I am finally home.
Mercy Me has a song that sums it up for me.


My dad died in my arms when I was 15 and this resulted in a change in my life I could have never expected.


I went from being fathered to fatherless

I went from needing love to trying to figure out how to give love


I went from needing provisions to provider

I went from needing protection to protector


I went from a child to and adult


I did not know God but I now see how the early years of my life shaped who I was as an adult. until God stated a new work in me this summer. God change me from unloved to lovable in my own mind and before God The main thing I was mediating on over the past few months is my dad.

My dad was a great man...


He owned his business

He was an entrepreneur before it was a word
He saw change in business before there was a business channel on TV
He loved to serve people
He loved his family
He loved me and told me so in many different ways.



I don't think he was a Christian but I do not know.

I have the Bible from WWI he used to keep by his heart when he was on the ship. It was presented to him at some ceremony probably before they shipped out. I am not sure he was a Christian but he did not live long enough for me to talk about things of faith. It was shortly after he died that I stated to attend church by myself and take the Pine Avenue bus 25 minutes to St. Peters Episcopal Church in Niagara Falls. Still do not know why I did that except I believe it was a start of a long journey of faith. It took many side roads but it got back on track. As I look back, God has used every one of my experiences to ultimately bring me closer to Him. I might have not know it at the time but God is always at work in the things we cannot see. This has been a constant in my life story.

I may or may not meet my dad when God finally calls me home but I do know he already has a room prepared for me like I could never imagine. It's probably going to be a room that Caleb painted himself. Probably the only time I could afford it! It is a room that is perfectly set up for me. At the same time, I hope it is still under construction because I am not ready to move yet! God has great plans for me on this earth and in eternity. I look forward to the time when I get to peek inside eternity and see if my dad is waiting there for me. I know my room is ready. Anything else is a bonus.

Hope to see you there!








"Finally Home"


I'm gonna wrap my arms around my daddy's neck and tell him
that I've missed him
and tell him all about the man that I became and hope that it pleased him
there's so much I want to say there's so much I want you to know.

[chorus]
When I finally make it home when I finally make it home.

Then I'll gaze upon the throne of the King frozen in my steps and all the questions that I swore
I would ask words just won't come yet so amazed at what I've seen so much more than this old mind can hold. [back to chorus]

And the sweetest sound my ears have yet to hear voices on angels.

On this day, I know you have prepared a room for me that is more spectacular than I could ever imagine. I know you have done this because you love me and care of me. Be with me today, as you continue to build my room as I walk step by step while on the Adventure in Middle Grove

No comments: