Sunday, March 1, 2009

God's Promises - A Blessing


Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!

Isaiah 30:18


MARCH Already!




Still hoping the coldest of winter will move quickly to the warm gentle breezes of spring.

I can't think of a better way to start the day than with a positive uplifting blessing.


Not by me, but by the God who created me and loves me.



God longs to be gracious with ME


He rises to to show compassion to ME





God is slow to exercise his justice when that justice demands his people's punishment. "Gracious and slow to anger" is a phrase repeatedly used to describe God in the Old Testament. Good thing about that one! Most people think of the "lightning bolt God" of the Old Testament



God longs to be gracious and bless his people. He extends time for me to repent and turn to him. In Jesus, God even gives me his own Son as the sacrifice for my sins.


Father, how can I ever thank you for your love and mercy demonstrated in the sacrifice of your Son for my sin.

Please forgive me for those times that I have not intentionally and completely shown my appreciation for your grace in the way I live my life.

Please refine me by your Spirit just as you have forgiven me and loved me by your grace. Let me hear the heart of God today by turning my life and my heart to the God who longs for me and watches me on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: