Friday, February 6, 2009

Vicarious Living

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.
-- 1 John 4:9

I have a friend who works for a company called "Vicarious Visions" If you know video games, you know them. Tony Hawk, Spiderman, etc are all creations of VV. Their job is to vicariously put the gamer in a place so it seems real as if they are "in the game". Living vicariously is living through someone elses experiences so I do not have to do things on my own. This is not a good thing in life, but in faith, this is our charge... To live vicariously through Jesus Christ.

Showing love is about sharing life with someone else. No one quite epitomizes this principle like Jesus! His sacrifice, however, is what saved us and brought us to our new life in him. Now God
wants me to show his love to others by sharing it in ways people can understand and appreciate and live vicariously through him too.

Living vicariously in the world is an escape,
Living vicariously through Jesus Christ is life


LORD, and Father, thank you for today!

Help me share my life with someone else who needs to experience your grace -- not just today, but everyday. Please help me notice those who are wounded and please give me wisdom on the best way to lead them to you. Help me live vicariously through you as you reveal yourself on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: