Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Checkered Flag


2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.





Yesterday the race was run but what is the prize?



I have already won the race.


The prize is eternal life and the promises of God through His son Jesus Christ. One of the important elements of my life is to continue to have faith in the promises God is offering. Also, to know that he is true to his promises!


Keeping the faith is something I cannot do alone. I need to be surrounded by those who care for me and love me. I need to been thoroughly embedded in the Word so I look for wisdom in the right places. I need to be saturated in the Holy Spirit so I can be lead by God and not be on a self adventure.


Most importantly, my faith must sustain me in this life as I await the prize in heaven. I know the prize is waiting and I can see the checkered flag for me when God takes me to be with him.

You will be there when I take the victory lap in eternity.



Lord, Thank you for the race. Thank you for the struggles in winning the race. Most importantly, thank you for your Spirit who sustains my faith while on this earth. I know your promises are secure as my faith is stronger today while on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: