Saturday, February 7, 2009

On the level

Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm.

Proverbs 4:25-26, New International Version

I think the only we can live vicariously through Christ if we do the three things mentioned above

Look

Fix


Make


Look straight ahead helps me keep my eyes on Christ and not be diverted on a path of diversion. This does not mean other paths are closed. It means my gaze needs to be on Christ and the right path will open at the right time according to God's plan.


Fix and gaze is something I need to do as I am on the path waiting for God's leading. When I fix my eyes it is like looking for someone in the distance and trying to identify them. I already know who is in front of me but I need to seek Christ in a clearer way every day as I fix my eyes on him.

Make Level paths that are firm as I continue my walk. I have hiked on many trails in the Northeast and most of them are bumping, rocky and everything but level. If I make the paths level, I need to continually keep the paths level. Try to fix your eyes on something while you are walking on a bumpy path.It is very difficult! Fixing my eyes on Christ is much easier while on a level path.

Sounds pretty easy! Wish it was!

Lord, As the walk on your path continues this day, keep my path level as I fix my eyes on you from the hill while on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: