Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Am I smarter than a 5th Grader?

I don't think I am smarter than anyone at this point... See if you agree...

Isaiah 55:8-9 (New International Version)

8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.

9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.


This declaration is the kind of statement that comes after I think I am so smart.


I do trust in God

I do know Christ as my savior

I know the holy spirit live in me

I know, I know, not much!

I call this the "So you think you are so smart" verse.


This is good! God's thoughts are higher and greater than mine. How high is higher than the heavens?

Dear God, put that on my list to ask you some day.

God is leading me down the path of righteousness and he is shining the light as he leads me where he wants me to go. Once in awhile I realized that:


My thoughts,


My ways

Do not really mean alot apart from my dependence on God and on:


His Thoughts


His Ways


Lord, some times I feel so insignificant in life and relationships. But then,

I think of you thinking of me with, Your Thoughts and Your Ways...

As you look down today guide me with your ways and your thoughts as life is better today on the Adventure in Middle Grove.





No comments: