Thursday, February 26, 2009

God's Promises - Earthquake Proof Structures

Isaiah 54:10:


Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord, who has compassion on you



Buildings fail in earthquakes because joints and connections cannot resist the tremendous stresses imposed by many tons of pressure concentrated on bolts, welds and other fixings.

So buildings are shook to the very things that hold them together cannot stand the stress and fail until the building falls.

This is what God is talking about in Isaiah. The very mountains are shaken and the hills removed.

Now that is an earthquake!

To remove the hills would be a cataclysmic event like we have never seen. The fabric of the earth would be removed and changed, forever!

Contrast this to God's promises

(His) Love will not be shaken

(His) Peace cannot be removed


What a promise!

Pictures of the earthquakes in China, Mt. St. Helens and the old pictures of the San Francisco earthquakes are only a small reminder of the devastation and destruction earthquakes can cause.

God's care for me is more powerful than the most powerful earthquake because he has compassion for me!


What a promise !


Lord, as this day begins, the compassion you have for me is far greater than any event on earth, far greater than the power of any earthquake. Lord, let your compassion be felt today by the people around me and the people I love as the Adventure in Middle Grove stands firm as the earthquakes of life surround me,

BUT I AM NOT SHAKEN.

No comments: