Saturday, January 31, 2009

Hitting the Brick Wall

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us — they help us learn to endure. And endurance develops strength of character in us, and character strengthens our confident expectation of salvation. And this expectation will not disappoint us. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love. (Romans 5:3-5 NLT)

Hitting a brick wall. This is the way I sometimes feel when the path of life takes a route I was not ready for or God wanted to teach me something else. When I run in to problems. Sounds like I am almost chasing the problems to hit them!
I find it interesting here that the Romans verse here does not say our problems will be solved or trials finished. They may turn out different than I expect but there is an end goal for the problems and trials.

To teach me endurance
Develop strength in character
Strengthen confidence in my salvation


Nothing is said of the problems being solved or an answer to when the trials will end.

But...


God has given me the Holy Spirit because he loves me and will not disappoint me as my salvation is secure in Him

My heart is not only filled with his spirit but with his love.

This is the object of my life as a Christian...

To not only be filled with God's spirit, but to show God's love to others around me so they may experience his loving touch and kindness.

Please forgive me for the times when my heart was not filled by you and I did not show the love you have for me to others. Forgive me for the times when I had my strength in "me" and , not in YOU. Forgive me for doubting you at times that you are the answer to the problems and trials in this life.

Let me live STRONG today as my salvation is SECURE in you on the Adventure in Middle Grove



No comments: