Monday, August 31, 2009

Great Understanding


A patient man has great understanding, but a quick-tempered man displays folly.

Proverbs 14:29



Silence is some times the First reaction needed


The other day I was talking about the rudeness of people in the health care debate. Making a point is one thing, being a jerk is another. Responding quickly to aggravation, threat, insult, or difficulty suggests strength to many folks today. However, responding hastily out of anger is foolish. This response seldom produces the desired long term effect and nearly always compounds the problems that need to be addressed. Patiently dealing with frustrating and painful
situations shows understanding and is nearly always more fruitful in the long run.

Silence can be a long term solution

Father, I ask for patience and self-control. I know these virtues are part of the fruit of your Spirit's presence in my life, so I ask that the Holy Spirit have more impact on my heart and life. Please give me the understanding and wisdom to keep my mouth shut until I have had an opportunity to pray and think about the issues and people involved on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: