Thursday, August 27, 2009

NOT OK- Worth Repeating


But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus

(Philippians 2:13-14 TNIV)




After yesterday, I was thinking all day about my position as goaltender. If I accept that it is OK for goals to be scored, I will never be "successful". This is VERY relative these days. By success, I mean if I settle for the same old stuff and say "I will never be any good" or "is it worth all the effort", the fun will be gone from playing. THIS IS THE ONLY REASON I PLAY!

To have fun... but to always look at what I am doing and not settle for OK, but try to improve


How many times have I settled for OK in life?

How many times have I taken the easy way in life?

How many relationships have I lost because it was hard work?

How many times have I looked back and not looked ahead?


TOO MANY TIMES


I am not settling for OK, ANY MORE.


Lord left me experience life in a new way as life is too short for OK, today and forever, on the Adventure in Middle Grove.


The "AFTERS" song below is one of those songs that has been in my head for quite awhile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1OQFn-N8UM





It's not the end, but it feels like it is

I'm waking up like I'm back from the dead
I'm stepping out, and I feel so free
But as long as I'm moving it's all right

I feel alive, and it hurts for a change
No looking back
It's hard to believe that I was cool
With the days that I wasted
Complacent and tasteless and bored
But that was yesterday...

We're never going back to OK (OK)
We're never going back to easy
We're never going back to the way it was
We're never going back to OK

This discontent, like a slap in the face
I'm mediocre, I've had enough of this place
This party's over, and I'm moving away
from the things of your Beverly Hills
That was yesterday...

We're never going back to OK (OK)
We're never going back to easy
We're never going back to the way it was
We're never going back to OK






No comments: