Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Source of Love


We love because he first loved us.
-- 1 John 4:19






Love is an enigma...

a perplexing, baffling, or seemingly inexplicable matter, person,

If love depends on us ( me ) it really can be an enigma. My nuances and peculiarities will always get in the way unless I focus on the source of love.

This isn't for the "I love pizza", statement

This is for the relational love in the day to day battles of life.


We love others because God has first loved me. God taught me how to love in Jesus. He has given me security and confidence so I can love more fully. God loved me boldly and sacrificially so I could properly understand and define love.

I are not the source of love; God is.


I am not the great example of love; God is. I have to be careful not to just share my love with only those with whom I want to share it or where it is easy.

God's love is great and there for all...

We love because he first loved us.

Forgive me, Father, for the times that I have been careful and guarded with my love in relationships. Please help me to love others as you have loved me. I ask especially for today that I might use your love to touch someone who needs it in a special way, whether they respond favorably to that love or not on the adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: