Monday, August 3, 2009

A BUDLIGHT in the RAIN


...I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.


Philippians 4:12



*** Sorry for the example of Beer,**** I tell it like it is.

This past weekend there was a good party at my house. Tommy, my son-in-law and Matt, a friend of both of us hosted the first annual "Battle of the Bands and Brews" at my house. They are both in a brewing club and had great attendance and many good home brews.

It was a beautiful day. Not too many this summer, or lack thereof!

Lots of swimming, horseshoes, Frisbee, badminton, lots of good conversation, food and great home brews.

There we also 4 bands with live music around the pool.

A day to be remembered.

UNTIL....

Cleanup the next day...

I was ready to get going with the cleanup crew to pick up the yard.

Walked out the door with enthusiasm and excitement only to find out, I WAS THE CLEANUP CREW.

How come the young guys are all in bed and an I ready for cleanup!

Leave this for another time!


I started to cleanup and guess what? It started to rain again. I continued to clean up the yard and got to the point of cleaning out the coolers. All five of them!

This is where all the home brews were stored. At least, I would get one of the great home brews.

I opened the first cooler, nothing

2nd cooler, nothing

3rd cooler, nothing

you get the idea!

It start to rain really hard and I was total soaked with no home brew!

I opened the 6th cooler and there was something in it. YES, I got one!

Wait, oh no, not me, please not me.

It was a beer but it was a can of Bud Light.

What a disappointment, after expecting a cold home brew.

After wiping my brow from the torrential rain, I went over to the big rock, cracked open the Bud Light and drank a Bud light in the rain.

In a very simple way, I learned a lesson in contentment. In life, my expectations are for a home brew and I got a Bud Light. I was ready for the home brew but was not prepared for the Bud Light. I learned the contentment in life comes from the Bud Light and not from the Home Brews. I need to be content no matter what the circumstances or trials.

Some times a Bud Light in life is just what is needed for contentment and knowing God has a plan for me, sitting on the rock on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: