Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Little Did I know....


12Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

James 1


Sometimes goalies are your Friends, sometimes you hate them!


Little did I know that the first time I strapped on the pads at 7, that it would prepare me for life's challenges and trials.

OK, No Comments from all my hockey friends!

I have a life of bruises... I know if is my own fault.

When players shoot pucks at goalies, they do not think, "I better not shoot too hard"

No, they say "the harder the better"

Being a goalie is living a schizophrenic life. Players really like you or hate you.

No one says, "Wow, that forward let that player get by and score" They say" Why didn't he stop the shot"

Well,

Quite a bit like life...

I have taken alot of shots in life and keep coming back for more but if I let one by, it is not a good thing. To be a goalie, you have to shake off the goal that was just scored and get ready for the next shot.

As a goalie, you cannot say, "can everyone wait while I analyze what happened the the past so I do not let it happen again"

Doesn't happen.

The next shot is always a little different and focusing on the past does little good to help me in the future. The knowledge of the past is great but the experience gained for the future is minimal due to the quickness of the game.

What I always need to remember is to recenter to get ready for the next flurry. Facing danger and being ready to move in either direction is what is important for success.



Just like life!


Lord, Center me and get me ready for the flurry and help me move in any direction as the shots of life are coming at me on the Adventure in Middle Grove.




No comments: