Saturday, August 29, 2009

Benefits Included for free

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen

(Ephesians 4:29 TNIV).




Sometimes, benefits at For the other person...


If you have watched any TV or listened to the radio over the past 2 weeks, it was hard to miss the "Town Meetings" held on the health care issues in the US. We are in trouble with so many people who do not have health care. Personally, if I lose my job, my health care is over. Afte many years of work and loyal service, I am done. This is wrong! This is for another discussion.

What I saw over the past few weeks is people yelling at each other. The more you yell, the more the other person yells. It doesn't stop. It seems like people are getting more inconsiderate and obnoxious. More importantly, they think they are entitled to be that way. It is their right. No one can stop them since the believe they are right, so they are right.

I have experienced this in other ways over the past year.

What if we all followed the verse for today?

First of all, it will never happen. Humans have many needs

Water

Food

Relationships

The right to be right (OK, I added this one)


What if we thought about what we were going to say so it was something, not obnoxious?

This is such radical thought, I have trouble believing it can happen.

Why can't it?

It certainly can. It needs to start with me.

Lord, on this day let the words of my mouth be pleasing to you and be for those who can benefit from a kind word or a word of encouragement on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: