Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hope is waiting


Ok time for a quiz...

I have been involved with the Internet since 1987 when I was Manager of Software Engineering at GE Research and Development.

That is a long time in Internet years! If that is like dog years, I am in trouble!

One thing about the internet now is the speed of information travel. News is almost instant, Scores are updated real time and lots of junk is floating around cyberspace.

I spend time once in awhile trying to find the source of information on the internet. One of the problems with the internet is I can create something completely fake and have it show up in a few days as the authoritative source.

So, When I see stuff come up frequently in a few days, I try to find the original source to see if it is real.

This is especially true with quotes.

There are millions of quotes that have been hacked, modified, or frabricated. Trying to find the orginal source is sometimes very hard.

OK, Now for the test..

Who said this? Answer at the end, NO cheating!

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when their right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."

A better way to say this is contained in Proverbs 23


There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off. Proverbs 23:18

The Quote is not bad and offers hope in circumstances that do not seem like they are good.

Proverbs 23 says I will not be cut off from the future hope I have today with people are important to me and after this life ends.

My hope is in the horizon as the path on the Adventure in Middle Grove heads towards life.

( I bet you did not know Marilyn Monroe was such a philosopher!)

No comments: