Thursday, August 6, 2009

A kick save... and a GOOD one


Psalm 16:11 reads, "You will make known to me the path of life...





Everyone who is reading this knows of my obsession with hockey. I took an unexpected hiatus last year but this was only a temporary set back.

I started playing hockey when I was 5 years old and have played or coached for all my adult life.


I play goaltender.


Players shooting pucks at high speed...no problem

Players coming down on breakaways...no problem

Players trying to knock me down...no problem


Players standing in front of me... BIG PROBLEM!

As a goaltender, I do not want players standing in front of me. I can stop what I can see but have no chance stopping what I cannot see!

It is the job of the players on my team to clear the path so I can see more clearly.

Sometimes I feel like a goaltender off the ice!

The view has been obscured for a long time. I have been screened for a long time. I have a much better view in front of me so I can see what's coming, today, on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: