Wednesday, September 9, 2009

...You've got a friend


11 So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.


1 Thessalonians 5:11 (New Living Translation)





Sometimes Friends need encouragement

James Taylor got it right many years ago and this is still one of my favorite songs. This reminds me of another season of life that will never be forgotten.

You just call out my name,
And you know where ever I am
Ill come running, oh yeah baby
To see you again.
Winter, spring, summer, or fall,
All you have to do is call
And Ill be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.
You've got a friend.

Encouragement is a lost art. I have talked about criticism and cruel intentions of society which seem to be in vogue today. Telling people they do not know what they are talking about or calling them names seems to be a common topic on TV.

What do you think would happen to the Jerry Springer show if he all of a sudden changed the format to:

" Ok to day we are having Joe on the show so he can encourage his wife who he has been rotten to for the past 10 years"

Probably would last only a few episodes. No chairs, no bleeps, no cutting down.

Would not make great TV.

I need to be more of an encourager. I need to make sure my friends know they are valued and important.

I had a great talk with a very good friend last night. In the noise of life, she was doubting herself. I was in the position to take a look from the outside and see all the things she has done and who she is as a person.

She needed encouragement!

It is not puffing someone up but showing them I understand who they are and what they do.

Continue to use me as a person of encouragement and hope as the path takes new turns every day on the Adventure in Middle Grove.






No comments: