Monday, September 7, 2009

Rock on

“For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
Ephesians 2:1‑10





Serious Friendship is a work in time...

Each rock on the beach is unique. Every wave and current and washing of sand creates the patterns and shape of all the rocks tumbled each second.

I was thinking about this as a friend brought me a few rocks from one of my favorite beaches.
Ok, now you know I am weird if you already wern't convinced!

I collect rocks, not just any rock. I collect rock stories

Rocks brought back from trips by friends who found the uniqueness of a particular rock from one of their favorite places. I also bring back rocks from all the places I have gone around the world.

I have rocks from Spain
Rocks from castles
Rocks from far off beaches
Pieces of concrete from the night the Berlin Wall came down
A red rock from a love lost
Rocks from South America ....and more.

Each rock celebrates the uniqueness of God's workmanship and the specialness of who gave me the rock and what the place meant to them on their trip. Each rock holds a memory for them and vicariously through me. Each rock reminds me of a moment in time where a friendship meant so much they brought me back a piece of a time they remembered and allowed me to share in their excitement. Each rock tells a story and they shared their story about where they were and how they got the rock and what the place meant to them as they gathered a piece of their adventure to share it with me.

The story was the rock,but the real story was listening to each person as I heard about the excitement and adventure as the related their rock tale.

Let the uniqueness of the rocks and the stories they tell continue to enrich me each day on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

...Got any rocks, Tell me your story...

By the way, here is the most recent rock story.



No comments: