Saturday, September 19, 2009

Not Put to Shame


May those who hope in you not be disgraced because of me, O Lord, the LORD Almighty; may those who seek you not be put to shame because of me, O God of Israel.
Psalm 69:6




Do you know anyone who is self- absorbed?
Do you know anyone who cannot think out of the confines of self?


Look on the Internet some day and see how many magazines are published focusing on SELF


This verse is a very powerful reminder of one of God's promises. What a beautiful prayer for any Christian! In a world that is so self-absorbed, isn't it refreshing to be reminded of the powerful impact for good and bad I can have? Let me not only be reminded of the devastating impact of my short comings, but let me also pray that my failures will not be destructive to the Kingdom's increase nor to my brothers and sisters in Christ as they seek to serve and honor the Lord!


Lord, strengthen me and help me not stumble in my time of indecision and doubt. Let me be an instrument of your love, today on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: