Friday, September 4, 2009

Why Care About me?


For you make me glad by your deeds, O LORD; I sing for joy at
the works of your hands

Psalm 92:4


Singing praise For God because I am his work!

Last night I was looking into the sky on a dark night that was one of the most perfect nights we had all summer. I looked up and saw the greatness of God's hand and the insignificance of who I am in the grand scheme of the universe.


I started to think of the incredible diversity of God's creation and how the stars I see compare to the stars that I cannot see.

Why would the God who created the heavens and the earth care about who I am or what I do?


I look at my own life and see the fingerprints of God's work in your my experience (Rom. 8:28). As Jesus said, our Father is still at work (John 5:17).

It is also reassuring to know I am not alone in working on my own life (Psalm 139; Phil. 2:13).

There is also great satisfaction at knowing that the Lord, Creator of the universe is at work in me and cares about me as much as the stars in the sky.

Singing praise is such a natural response for for the great thing God has done for me.


Father, I praise you for power and glory revealed in the majesty of your creation. I thank you for your work in transforming and recreating me, as well. Please continue your transforming work in me. Make me what you want me to be on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: