Sunday, September 6, 2009

REST...


He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Psalm 23:2-3






Seeking solitude in the Frenzy of life....


The other day I went out back for a spectacular night. My house is in an area where there is almost total dark towards the northwest. I went out back and planted myself on my back and gazed at the stars in the brilliance of the darkness of the night.

It was a time of reflection;

A time of wonder;

A time of rest..


Some times almost nothing slows me down. Those who know me well, will readily agree!

Well, almost anything.

When I get "too full myself" and too caught up in my own plans, the LORD, MY Shepherd, slows me down and makes me lie down. MY Shepherd knows I need rest, nourishment, and refreshment and helps me, yes and even sometimes makes me, find "green pastures" and "still waters." He then leads me in the direction of his righteousness and holiness once I am rested and refreshed. Isn't it interesting that God's order for my life is always grace and then glory?

Thank you, Lord, for slowing down my frantic life and leading me to times of refreshment, rest, and nourishment. I trust that you will lead me to what I need as you mature me to have more
and more of your righteous character. Please forgive me for getting too busy to hear your voice and to respond to your grace on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: