Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Right Time...


"So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor."

1 Peter 5:6, NLT



Some times the best wisdom in the Bible is also the stuff that is hardest to do. What is it hard? Because there is nothing I need to do... or at least things that I want to do.


I also find this verse a bit odd.

Humble myself

Under the Power of a mighty God.

This is asking me to humble myself before Him when he could do whatever he wants with me.

I humble myself in the sight of God, BECAUSE of all the things he has done AND the power he has.

This puts me in my place, not a place of weakness, but place of Power.

A place in strength, knowing that the God of the universe cares enough about me to lift me up and honor me.


Humble thyself in the sight of the Lord;

Humble thyself in the sight of the Lord.

And He (And He) shall lift (shall lift)

You up (higher and higher)

And He (And He) shall lift (shall lift) you up.


Lord, I place myself at you feet and humble myself in the shadow of your greatness. Thank you for the opportunity to be in your company and for the honor you will give me, in your time, on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: