Friday, September 18, 2009

Make me Strong

A Fight to the Finish

And that about wraps it up. God is strong, and he wants you strong. So take everything the Master has set out for you, well-made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the Devil throws your way. This is no afternoon athletic contest that we'll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the Devil and all his angels.

Ephesians 6:10 (The Message)


Striving for the Finish line is a long battle

The battle of life is a race but the course is not always a straight line. Did you ever see those driving courses for testing reaction times. The student is driving along nicely when something comes out of no where and they have to react fast or they will hit the obstacle. This is much like driving the obstacle course of life. I think I am driving on the right path and all of a sudden some obstacle comes out of no place to take me off the course. There are also spots on the course where I can see well ahead because I am looking in the right direction.

One of the most important aspects of my driving through the obstacles in life are the friends I have sitting next to me.

Friends who can help...
Friends who can love...
Friends who care...

Help me be ready for the things that may be obstacles as I keep alert on the course leading to the Adventure in Middle Grove

No comments: