Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Here today...hererer tomorrow

2 Cor 16-18

So we're not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without his unfolding grace. These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us. There's far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can't see now will last forever.




Sometimes the Future is closer than you think.



I don't think "hererer"is really a word.

I know the fall is here! I brought out the crock pot and I am cooking the first slow cooking dinner of the fall. I was adding to the dinner I was making today. I bought some little potatoes at the farmers market last week and they looked like a real good addition to the dinner I was making.

How many times in life do we say things or situations are "small potatoes"

I had them in my hands this morning.

The things we can see now are here today, and gone tomorrow. But the things we can't see now will last forever.


This this the line between my reality of my mind and the wisdom of God.

The things I can see are those things where I can see where I might play a part in the outcome or the decision. They are the things where I can do something to help.

The things I can see and the celebration are pale in contrast to what God can do with the things that I cannot see.

I cannot do anything

I cannot change anything

I cannot will anything

Only God can work in the unseen...not me

Being on the other side of the line is where hope is shaped and grace and mercy are strengthened as God digs deeper in to my soul to rely on him for his comfort and confidence.

It is His work, not mine...

God is making new life in me each day as his grace unfolds on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: