Sunday, September 27, 2009

Friends Forever


"I thank my God every time I remember you" (Philippians 1:3
NIV).







Serious Friendships are a gift from God



One of the things critical in my life over the past year is the importance of friends. Not just the "she/he is my friend, type of friend"

No I mean people who will be with me no matter the circumstances or situation.

Do you have someone like that in your life? These are people you love and who love you. No matter what goes on in your world you know they are there. If you are flying high, they're there. If you are hanging out in the valley they are there. They love you and you love them, and every time you remember them you are thankful and a smile comes over your face. The Message says, "Every time you cross my mind, I break out in exclamations of thanks to God."

It could be a passing thought, a lingering daydream, a certain song, a clip from a favorite movie, or a familiar Scripture. Every time they cross your mind, you give thanks to God for them.

Take a break and make a list of these people who bring joy to your heart. As you list them, spend a moment expressing to God your thankfulness for that person and why you are glad they are in your life. Call them. Text them. Email them. Post something on their Facebook wall. Tweet them. Or, if you can, look them in the eye and say, "I thank my God every time I remember you."


How about old friends that you've kept in touch with over the years. These are the old friends whom you hardly ever see, and have limited contact with through occasional phone calls, rare visits, and connections through the Internet. You can be thankful for the comfort of knowing they are always there. These are the old friendships that are so real and so strong that when you do have occasions to speak it's as if you've seen each other every day of your lives.


Lord, thank you for my friends who are friends for eternity. Thank you for them as they walk along side of me on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

"I thank my God every time I remember them."

No comments: