Sunday, September 13, 2009

Learing to learn more each day


We wait for the blessed hope--the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people
that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

Titus 2:13-14



Satisfaction in life involves Forging ahead on the path of life

Well, Those of you who know me well, know I have not always been the most patient person. This is something where God has really worked on me. I am not cured yet but my patience has reached a new level as I wait for God in many life situations and relationships. What is good is worth waiting for in life. Over a year ago, I started this new effort and named it "The Adventure in Middle Grove." This was due to my own failings in life and the reliance I need to have each day as the adventure begins. I also talk about the path on the "The Adventure in Middle Grove" I can see the path and what is ahead next but I cannot see the final destination. I can only keep walking on the path and looked expectantly as God continues to set the path before me. As I forge ahead, I am unsure of where it is going, but I do know it is heading towards a destination I will not see in this life.

I haven't arrived at my destination (cf. Philippians 3). I still am waiting! Jesus, who offered his own life for my redemption, will return to take me home. During my time of learning patience, I want to be faithful to do what is necessary to continue to move forward on the path


Lord, make me a more patient person. Holy Spirit, make me eager. Jesus, make me look ahead to what you have already done for me. Do these things for your praise and for the blessing of those who need to know you better. Please forgive me for the times I have settled for mediocrity and stir me to a holy passion to belong to you each day on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: