Sunday, January 11, 2009

Steps of the Heart

In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.

-- Proverbs 16:9


OK, Time for a checkup.

The euphoria has dimmed on the new year and now the reality of life starts to seep back under our skin as the cold of the winter chills our bones. We're now a week-and-a-half into a new year. How are my friends doing with with those changes and commitments made for the new year? How am I doing? Don't give up or quit on them ... even if you're having trouble staying on track. But, let's remember that the only real commitment for this year that is absolutely necessary to keep is to ask the Lord where he wants us to go and what he wants us to do; then we go there and do it. This year will be a year of change and discovery, heart felt connections and disappointments, successes and failures.

...And Victories, in the Lord

But ... in it all is the God who is the master of the universe.

We may be moving our feet but God is pointing them in the right direction. My planning the course is insignificant to the direction God will provide. Let my steps walk in the path God ordained before my feet even hit the ground!

Almighty LORD, God of Wonder, holy, and mighty. Thank you for also caring about me, my life, my decisions, and my struggles. Please guide me by your Spirit so that I can understand your Word and discern your will for my life. I want to have you fully direct my steps as the walk continues along the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: