Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Model Year


... made new in the attitude of your minds; ....
-- Ephesians 4:23


Each year at this time we hear of all the new models in cars , housing, personal and electronic items. This year as I continue to look to God for his wisdom and guidance, I am struck with what scripture says in Ephesians. We are to have a new self and a new attitude of our mind.

I was not saved by making this change; rather, being saved makes the change.
I cannot be saved by works (2:8-10), but neither can we be saved without them.

While salvation is by faith alone, if my life has not been changed to put off the old self and develop a new attitude because of the salvation , grace and mercy God offers me, then what is the point of all this?

I cannot renew myself on our own. I already tried this method. and came up with the same model year after year. I can guard ourselves from corrupting influences. I can offer myself to God and come to better discern his will. Ultimately, however, God must do the renewing, not just when I was saved, but daily. Only God's
grace can sustain, empower, and renew me. I offer my self to to you today with a new attitude. Empower, perfect, renew me EVERY DAY!

Father, I come to you asking for your grace to make me new in the way I look at things, especially how I view people and relationships close to me. Please cleanse my heart and make me new in my mind and my spirit.

Make the 2009 model better than the past, as the Adventure in Middle Grove continues.

No comments: