Thursday, January 15, 2009

Back on the Path

Walk in all the ways that the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess.

Deuteronomy 5:33, New International Version

There are many references in scripture to staying on the path. Earlier in the week I was looking at taking the path and God guiding my steps. This verse in Deuteronomy gives me another picture of staying on the path.

I should walk in all the ways the Lord has commanded.

How can I do this?

It is not easy, but if I have any chance, I need to be close to the Lord and look to him for direction and have him direct my steps as each step is important.

It is easy to look back and see where I came from but it is more important to look forward to God as he guides my steps forward in the direction he wants me to follow.


Lord, guide my steps and help me walk in all the ways you have commanded. Give me the wisdom and direction to continue to walk forward, not in my own strength but look to you for as I continue the walk in the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: