Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Christian DNA


For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body--whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free--and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.
-- 1 Corinthians 12:13

I usually make this morning madness very personal, using "I" because this what I need to meditate on before God. Today, I am using we and us as this is something we all need to remember as we come before God , daily.Yesterday I went to an uplifting healing service. This wasn't the kind where people are falling in the aisles and getting up without their crutches.

It was a calm reliance on the power of God that he can heal.
It was an assurance that God listen to our prayers.
It was a confidence that God answers prayers or what is the point!

He can heal our bodies and minds and more importantly, our souls.

There were probably 80 people there on a cold Tuesday morning in the middle of no where. There were young people, old people, and middle aged people. I wonder what kind of people they thought I was! It was an emotional time of prayer with 2 people who I really did not know other than their first names.

But, we were Family!

What makes us family? In God's family, the Holy Spirit makes us one. The two women I prayed with were family. There is no difference in who they are before God. It doesn't matter what church they go to or what denomination they are in or who is their favorite TV preacher

None of it matters!

They were believers in Christ

The Spirit is God's presence and power in us, and the Spirit is also God's spiritual DNA that connects us to each other and to our Father. This spiritual bond transcends human family, race, nationality, gender, and any other human barrier. The Spirit's presence ensures that we are God's children and function as Jesus' Body here on earth.

Thank you, dear Father, for the gift of the Holy Spirit. Thank you for making my body a place that is a holy dwelling place for your presence in the Holy Spirit. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for pouring out the Spirit and making me new. Now I ask Father, the Holy Spirit continue to work in my heart to tear down any wall of separation that may exist toward any of my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Let your healing touch continue to the work as the Adventure in Middle Grove is healed and molded in to what you want it to be!

No comments: