Saturday, January 10, 2009

Longing for a Connection

My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit
longs for you.
-- Isaiah 26:9



Again, what sustains me as my last thought of the night slips away?
What comforts me as I rest in the quiet of the night?
What soothes my soul as the last conscience moment leaves my body?

My spirit aches for restoration in relationships and a renewed work of the Holy Spirit,

BUT

More importantly does my spirit ache to be with God?

I need to continue to end each day and begin the next longing to be in the presence of God. I need recognize my hunger for God not only satisfying it by spending time in his presence, but by communicating my desires, affections, and needs for the presence of my heavenly Father in my life.

That is REALLY what is important!


God is in control of all the aspects of my life and I need yield to his presence as I long for the work of his spirit.


Father, I do ache to be in your presence. I know the piece of my soul that sometimes I feel is missing can only be found in you. I also pray for your work in the close relationships around me that they may long for the Spirit of YOUR presence. I pray that the yearnings of the night will be shockingly succinct so the truth of your wisdom may be evident and clear.

Be very real and present to me in my life today as the Adventure in Middle Grove continues...

No comments: