Friday, January 9, 2009

New Every Morning

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
-- Lamentations 3:22-23


Yesterday, the thought of hope permeated my thoughts and my prayers. But what is this hope and how is it sustained on a daily basis. God's promises and his Holy Spirit are guiding principles in keeping hope alive as I go through the challenges of life.

However, what is the energy the keeps me going every day as I wake up and look ahead to the day ahead and what the day will bring.

What sustained me through the night?
What will get me through today?
What will enable me to look at relationships in a new way
.

The LORD's mercies.

These incredible resources never run out!

Each new day brings a fresh supply of them. God is faithful to make sure I have them each day. Praise be to God for making the world around me world new and exciting each day.

Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy Faithfulness, Lord unto me.


Thank you, holy God and loving Father, for sustaining me through the night and promising me an endless day at the end of my life's journey. May you, my Father in heaven, find love and praise on my lips and in my heart at all times as the Adventure in Middle Grove continues.

No comments: