Monday, January 26, 2009

Romans 8:24 (New International Version)

For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has?

God is the author of Hope.

Paul speaks a great deal about the hope we have and how we are anxiously awaiting the redemption of our bodies. So much in our society is based on what I see. Our society is a visual society. Computers, Cable TV, LCD Billboards, visual displays in cars and on electronics, etc


So our culture is based on the seen and the present. So, this notion of hope is a difficult thing for people to do, and I am people! It is easy to have hope in what I can see, but Paul says, this is not really hope. I have seen a new hope in what God is not showing me. It is a hope that waits expectantly on Him. It is a hope that is unseen and unknown. It is a hope that can only be experienced if I am ready to experience it. I think I need to be ready for hope! I am not sure what form it will be or how it will look.

Many times in my life I looked at what I thought was hope but it was the hope in what was seen not the hope in what God can REALLY do!

Hope is based in the Lord's timing and his purpose. Sometimes our hope comes from the places we least expect it. But if we are ready for hope, we should expect it from any place at any time.

Tomorrow...


Lord,

Hope is in not in the seen but in the unseen before me. Help me see the hope I know is there only in you. Let me feel your spirit as I look to you for hope. I do not know what hope will look like. As this week begins, I know today, I have hope as the Adventure in Middle Grove makes it path through life.

No comments: