Sunday, January 18, 2009

Precious Thoughts

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!

Psalm 139:17, New International Version

As this week begins, let my thoughts turn to you. There are so many distractions and disruptions of life,

I take my eyes off you.

There are so many things where hurt and pain and disappointment can bring me down,

I take my eyes off you.

There are so many times I want to do it all on my own and try to fix things by myself,

I take my eyes off you.

There are so many times when life's path is not always easy and straight and is full of obstacles and ,

I take my eyes off you.

There are so many times when my thoughts are not pure and pleasing to you and honor you,

I take my eyes off you

All of this talk about faith and understanding is meaningless if my focus is on the things I can see an not on the precious thoughts of God and his Holy Spirit

Lord,

Direct not only my eyes on you but immerse me in you precious thoughts so I can live a life that is worthy of my calling. Direct my thoughts towards you and let your Holy Spirit work in me so your thoughts permeate my soul. Draw me close to you and never let me go.

Draw me close to you
Never let me go
I lay it all down again
To hear you say that I'm your friend
You are my desire
No one else will do
Cause nothing else can take your place
To feel the warmth of your embrace
Help me find the way
Bring me back to you

You're all I want
You're all I've ever needed
You're all I want
Help me know you are near

Help me know you are near as the week begins on the Adventure in Middle Grove





No comments: