Thursday, January 29, 2009

PEACE

Philippians 4:7


“And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus”.



If I would take heart to what Paul said to the Philippians in verses 4-6, then I will turn from anxiety to prayer and be filled with the peace of God. This peace is different from the world's peace. It is peace that Jesus promised his disciples and all those who would follow him: "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid" True peace is not found in positive thinking, in absence of conflict, or in good feelings; it comes from knowing that God is in control. I am given peace with God when I believe , and I have the inner quiet of the peace of God as I daily walk with him.

God's peace surpasses all understanding. I simply cannot comprehend such peace. It is not a natural reaction in calamity, sorrow, or pain. Such peace cannot be self-generated; it comes from God alone; it is his gift to me in a difficult world. As with so much of God's dealings with humanity, I cannot understand it, but I can accept and experience God's peace because of his great love for me. I don't always exhibit this feeling of God's peace. Some times I feel like a failure in feeling the peace of God

God gives me peace because it will guard my heart and mind.

Lord, guard my heart and mind and give me a peace that passes ALL understanding this day as the the Adventure in Middle Grove continues.

No comments: