Thursday, March 12, 2009

Weary

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Galatians 6:9

The Winter of life presses on, and sometimes I get weary!

Weariness is a part of life. Weariness is a part of the daily interaction with my soul and the Spirit of God.

Weariness is definitely something that overtakes me when I set my heart on doing good for others or struggle through broken relationships. The wonderful blessing of God, however, is he will renew me and sustain me and rekindle me.

He does it through the encouraging word of a friend or just a kind person. He does it through his presence, the Holy Spirit in me. He does it through songs of my heart. He does it through Scripture and prayer.

So while my body and spirit may get weary, let me continue to press on with You at my side. If I will serve with faithfulness, discipline, and integrity, God's grace will empower me to do what he has called me to do.


Father, as I face the challenges of life, I need your strength. Please empower me through your Spirit who lives within me. Give me the courage to continue when I am tired, discouraged, and confused. I trust that as I seek to honor you, you will bless me with the strength I need to continue as I live to bring honor to you, today, on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: