Tuesday, March 3, 2009

God's Promises - Learning in Kindergarten


Deuteronomy 31:8:

The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.


I knew there was a reason I learned to play that game in kindergarten. Do you remember how to do it? There was a person who was the leader and the rest of the class had to follow what they did. Most of the time the leader was the teacher because a kindergarten kid didn't know their left from their right. Once in awhile there was a kid who was much smarter than the rest of the class, the teacher really liked him/her. They would get a chance to be smart up in from of the class and make everyone look stupid.

Well, this winter I am cleaning up around the house. I got some spare time so I might as well do something useful! I was going through some boxes of stuff and I found all my old report cards. My mom never throws anything away. I was looking through the report cards and pictures and was trying to remember what it was like in each grade.

I found my kindergarten report card and looked it over to see how smart I was!

Well, I was smart... but there was one "skill" that was not very good or at least it was not satisfactory.

It was following directions. I guess I wasn't really good at the directions or the follow the leader thing

Must have been the start of my problems!

God has softened me up since then and has showed me that I need to follow the leader...


the right leader.


Too many times I followed the leader and the leader was me.

Too many times I made decisions and the leader was me.

Too many times I trusted wisdom and the leader was me.

Too many times I rested in the glory and the leader was me.


Lord, you have shown me many great things in my walk with you. The most important thing you have shown me is the leader is not me,



it is YOU!


I will follow you, Lord, as you lead me along the path of life. I know you will lead me in places where I wouldn't go because of my sin and my short comings. Lead me to a place of righteousness and I know you will NEVER forsake me on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: