Thursday, March 19, 2009

Why God?

Ephesians 2:8-9 (New International Version)

8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast.


There is a mutual sensibility in life that God participates in. God saves me through faith. He chose me to be one of his people. He Spirit guides me as I live my life.


Why God?


I do not know why


I becoming more and more convinced about this mutual relationship and understand the how much of a gift this is from God. This mutuality is the challenge of seeing God’s very presence in me and that He chooses to live in me.



Why God?



I am such a slug, at times, and God chooses to reside in my very being?


Why God?



God chose to dwell in me. Wow! would I make the same decision?


Why God?


God looks at me as I would look at an old dilapidated building that needs repair and He sees the sees the potential not as it stands in disrepair but as it will stand as a finished work.


That is me,


Why God?


How much more proof do I need of His love for me. Many times I forget the enormity of what he has done for me and the mutual relationship we have that started with Him, not me.

In the following weeks, I want to examine who I am not as a physical being but as a spiritual being created by God and called to do his work.


"The Gift of Being Yourself" has many points for further examination. From the preface and introduction, here are some of the points in the book as I start to examine who I am before God.


We are created from love, of love, for love, our existence makes no sense apart from the love of God

If God loves and accepts us as a sinner how can we do less (in other words how can I reject myself today?)

Self-acceptance always precedes genuine self-surrender and self-transformation.

We believe we know how to take care of our needs better than God

We all tend to fashion a god who fits our falsity

We do not find our true self by seeking it. Rather, we find it by seeking God

Jesus is the True-Self who shows us by His life how to find our self in relation to God

Our happiness is important to God


As I rise each day and question my very existence and my part in this mutual relationship, I ask you to guide me and direct my life towards His highest calling for me as I sometimes wander on the Adventure in Middle Grove.



No comments: