Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Unconditional, Unlimited, and Unimaginably Extravagant






Psalm 36:5 (NIV) Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.





David Brenner gives a description of What God's love is all about and it is really unimaginable what He does for us.He says for us to know God the basis of our character needs to be embedded in our soul. When we think of who we are , the first thing to come to mind is our status that we are deeply loved by God.

I can think of the many times in the past when I thought that I was loving God but what I was doing was loving the things I did for God. God was in my head as the object knowledge but not in my heart the source of transformational knowledge. The knowledge that calls us to action because of the great love God has for us and for the love we have for ourselves in wanting to do what God desires.



Jesus met the Samartian woman.

Touched by perfect love, she would never be the same again.

She had encountered the Lord.

I encountered the Lord this summer and he met me in a place where I had never been.

He me in the heart of my soul and I will never be the same again

Coming to know and trust God's love is a lifelong process.

"Making this knowledge the foundation of our identity or better, allowing our identity to be re-formed around this most basic fact of our existence will also never happen instantly Both lie at the core of the spiritual transformation that is the intended outcome of Christ-following. We don't make the time table. "


"Every time I dare to meet God in the vulnerability of my sin and shame, this knowing is strengthened. Every time I fall back into a self-improvement mode and try to bring God my best self, it is weakened. I only know Divine unconditional, radical and reckless love for me when I dare to approach God just as I am. The more I have the courage to meet God in this place of weakness, the more I will know myself to be truly and deeply loved by God. And the more deeply I know this love and his will."

Only God knows the timing, the place and the results as his timing is always perfect on the Adventure in Middle Grove.




No comments: