Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Can't Get Off This Path Thing


The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day.

Proverbs 4:18, New International Version

I just finished 20 days on exploring some of God's promises. There are many more and I will get back to them some day soon. His promises to me are sometimes unfathomable from a standpoint of why did the God of the universe do this for me.

Because he loves me. He loves me the way I am as I come before him every day and ask for -


* Mercy in sharing


* Acceptance in relationships


* Wisdom in thought




Well...

That puts me back on the path...

Seems like I get sidetracked some times while on the path.

Just like life, I think it is going in one direction and all of a sudden the path takes an unplanned turn.

This verse is a comfort to those on the path of life. The sun is a bright beam of light in the dawn guiding me as I wake and continues to grow as the full light of the day illuminates the path.

The full light of the day totally opens up the path of righteousness as God continues to work in me while he guides me with his wisdom and spirit.

Lord, today, let me feel the light of the dawn as you touch my soul and warm me with your wisdom and grace. Let your light shine brightly on the path while on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: