Friday, March 6, 2009

God's Promises - The Desires of our Hearts


"Delight yourself in the LORD; and He will give you the desires of your heart."

Psalm 37:4


Desire is a word having many connotations in our society today. The desires are usually desire of self. They are usually desires of satisfying our human nature.

It appears this is what scripture is say in Psalm 34 but taking a closer look at what is meant by the desires of our heart, it is not the case.

If I delight myself in the Lord, I am looking for the opportunities to serve God and to bring all the contentment in my life in focus with his wisdom and heart. I will be in a state of connection with God where I will sense God's presence in my life and feel his leading as I move through the day.

THEN...

He will give me the desires of my heart.

This is where the desire part takes a different path.

Since I am delighting in the Lord, my desires should be driven by the wisdom and direction God has provided.

My contentment and comfort should be derived from the warmth and love only God can show.


My desires should be drive by Him.

Lord, direct my desires and soften my heart with your love as the desires of life are strengthened today on the Adventure in Middle Grove

No comments: