Wednesday, March 18, 2009

An Inside Job

2 Corinthians 5:17


Now we look inside, and what we see is that anyone united with the Messiah gets a fresh start, is created new. The old life is gone; a new life burgeons! Look at it! All this comes from the God who settled the relationship between us and him, and then called us to settle our relationships with each other.

The Message

Sometimes "The Message"is a bit wordy but I like this translation.


We are new creations in Christ.

He Chose me

The old life is gone,

He Chose me

He settled the the whole battle between me and God

He Chose me

He asked me to forgive others as he forgave me

He Chose me

I started reading the book "The Gift of Being Yourself" by David Brenner. It is a short book with many nuggets of my life as a believer in Christ and how this is intertwined with my inner being and who I am. I cannot exist without God and my soul and my existence depends on my relationship with him. I want to explore this relationship and how I can be more in sync with God and what he wants to do for me and how I can rest in his arms as I learn to be more like him as I learn to be the person he wants me to be.

I rest in your arms today as I seek how I can be more like you and look to you for my existence and growth. Thank you for the work you have started in me and for the gift of your spirit as the Adventure in Middle Grove takes another fork in the road.

No comments: